Friday, March 2, 2012

Embellished Pillows

I've been wanting to use up the rest of my curtain fabric on new pillows for our bed. I bought neutral colored curtains from ikea awhile back and saved the excess I cut off when hemming them. It has worked itself into several projects since then. I'm so glad I thought to save it! Anyway, I had two turquoise pillows on my bed and decided they were too colorful for my now orange headboard. I decided to cut up an old stained lace table cloth and use it to embellish my new pillows. Check it.


First I cut my fabric and sewed the lace onto the front of each pillow. I decided to use the lace differently on each one and I love how they turned out. These pillows are SO simple to make. If you can use scissors and sew a straight line, you can make these. No zippers, no hand-stitching them closed. Click on the link above for the tutorial. 












 I managed to get them on the bed and snapped a few pictures before this happened...






Gotta love 'em. Have a lovely weekend!

PS. Don't forget to "like" the new facebook page!!
 I'm going to slowly transition away from sharing each blog post on my personal page and start putting the links only on the home story facebook page, so if you usually follow the link from facebook, "like"!

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

They look lovely! Great idea :)
Found you via Tutu & Tea Parties!

Jessi said...

Thanks! I saw yours, too. Loved the romper :)