Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Christmas Home

Today I'm linking up with the Inspired Room's Christmas tour of homes! Here is what my house looks like this Christmas. I kept the decorations to a minimum due to curious fingers, but it's still festive in here!


On the front door I hung a fabric-wreath with an oversized felt bow we made at a Christmas craft night this year.


Stockings all hung with care. I made these stockings a few years ago, but this year I finally added the batting to make them hang straight. 



I use the counter-top that separates the kitchen from the living room as a mantle. I decorated it with home-made snow globes, candles (LOVE those gold and white striped candles!) and a book tree!



And of course, the tree! I'm a little specific about ornaments, it seems like every year I decide I hate half of our ornaments. This year I chose to use metallics and turquoise.


A little sampling of presents since my husband's birthday is in early December. I used brown kraft paper, yarn and chalk to decorate! I also made some pom poms to play around with!


I prettied up our entertainment center with a garland, too. I can't believe how fast this month is flying by. I'm loving explaining what Christmas means to the boys and I can't wait for the 25th!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful and lovely :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Your tree is lovely and the stockings you made are very cute. Love the last photo. Merry Christmas!