Thursday, December 20, 2012

the week before Christmas

It's the week before Christmas and the list of things I'm still getting to keeps growing! We are keeping the presents to a minimum this year, as our boys don't even play with the toys they have. They prefer my leather  couch. I cannot tell you how many times a day I say "for goodness' sake, PLAY WITH YOUR TOYS". But that's beside the point. We are moving the week after Christmas. So this week consists of finishing the boys' backpacks, wrapping presents, tracking down moving boxes and packing things that aren't too necessary. We were told unexpectedly that our lease was being terminated due to the landlord's daughter needing a place to live. So we are moving in with my parents in hopes that the new year will bring a new house we can call our own. As much as it hurts my pride to live with them, the situation will save us so much money that will hopefully give us a head start toward owning a home!







Oh, and I forgot it's Asher's birthday three days after Christmas! Honestly, I am fighting feeling overwhelmed! Though, in a way, it just adds to the bustle and excitement of this season and I'm not going to let it keep me from remembering the gift of Jesus to this world. Merry Christmas everybody, I'll see you on the other side :)

No comments: