Tuesday, June 11, 2013

one week

Today my little Finley is one week old. Last Monday I went to the hospital with contractions that were stronger than usual. Finley arrived tuesday morning. We are in love!






I'm just soaking up every second this time around. She's amazing. Her little faces and squirms are so precious, and I know it doesn't last. I can't even remember my boys at this age, so I'm desperate to enjoy it. I hold her whenever I can and try not to care about sleep or the aches and pains that come along with a new baby. 





These two verses have been on my heart this week.

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them."
psalm 127 3-5

"A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones."
proverbs 17:22


I want to hold on to what a gift these children are. In his grace, God has given me three arrows in my quiver, three reasons to have a merry heart, and I want that to be the attitude from which I approach everything.

No comments: