Thursday, January 31, 2013

No news...


Here is a picture of the feather pillow I made! See the one I copied here
It was intended for the rocking chair in the boys' room but I'm not sure I want it to be so quickly destroyed.

In other news, there is no news as far as our baby's gender! Little one was very wiggly and sweet, but not cooperative in the least. The doctor even accidentally deleted all her measurements when the u/s was over and had to start again and still nothing! I'd been waiting to start any baby related projects but now I'm just jumping in and doing gender neutral stuff. I just ordered some material from fabric.com so I will have lots to share as soon as I get sewing! Triangle quilts for the boys' beds, a few swaddle blankets made of jersey and gauze material (I'm getting smarter, stretchy and thin is the way to go!), and a new boppy cover are a few of the things I'm getting started on.


Today I'm focusing on trying not to view Owen's extreme strong-willed nature as a negative thing. I'm slowly learning that it's something to cultivate rather than crush but, believe me, that's easier said than done! This son of mine has such a desire to lead and I'm praying that we are encouraging and gentle in our guidance of him. If you think of me today, I would be so grateful for your prayers!

No comments: