Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Paint with Pencils!

I was in Michael's this morning and saw these chipboard leaves in a package for a dollar or something and I thought it would be fun to let the kids color them. The more I thought about it, the anal part of me decided it would be great if I could pick the colors they used and make sure it would be pretty so that the end result would be something I wouldn't mind leaving up for awhile. I'd seen this idea on some design blog only as a printing technique for fabric, but it worked perfectly with toddlers!

What you'll need:

pretty paint colors that you approve of (we used craft paint)
chipboard shapes (leaves this time, hearts would be cute, or Christmas trees!)
pencils with perfect erasers






 Let the kids dot, dot, dot! My kids are 3 and 1 1/2 and they loved this! It's actually really pretty, too!







It's festive and colorful! I think we'll be making these more often.



No comments: