Saturday, May 5, 2012

DIY disaster

I started wishing my beige curtains were white. I thought white would look so nice and bright and crisp against my putty gray walls and I don't know why I chose natural colored curtains in the first place. So, I decided to bleach them. I tested the bleach on a swatch of curtain fabric and liked the way it turned out. Definitely lighter, but not quite white. It would work.

Today I bleached them and now they are pale yellow. While the pale yellow isn't the worst color imaginable, they also frayed in the washing machine. I had hemmed the curtains and now they might be un-fixable...sometimes DIY doesn't work out. I tried to save the $15 per pair of curtains by doing-it-myself instead of replacing my perfectly-fine-curtains and ended up ruining them. Sometimes that happens. Bummer.









Have a great weekend!

No comments: