Friday, October 7, 2011

pumpkin obsession

Yes, I have an addiction. Is it because they are orange, because they are adorable, or because they are fall? Probably all of the above, but I absolutely am obsessed with pumpkins. I literally have to stop myself from buying them at the grocery store!

iheartshabbychic.blogspot.com



www.budgetwisehome.com



www.northerncottage.blogspot.com



Not only do I love the pumpkins themselves, I love to eat them! Here are a few links to recipes that I love and a few I'm dying to try..




1. My favorite pumpkin pie recipe, courtesy of the lovely Paula Dean

2. This is a pumpkin smoothie recipe I found on pinterest via this website 
  • 1/2 banana (peeled, frozen, diced)
  • ~1/3 cup pumpkin puree (Libby’s)
  • ~1/3 cup FF plain Greek yogurt
  • ~3/4-1cup lt vanilla soy milk (or milk of choice)
  • Few shakes of pumpkin spice (Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice)
  • Few shakes of cinnamon (optional)
  • Pinch of cloves
  • 1tsp vanilla
  • 4-5 ice cubes

3. Weight Watchers pumpkin pie dip--I want to make this for Owen to eat with apples and graham crackers.

www.skinnytaste.com



www.kitchencorners.com

4. Pumpkin pie popsicles! Get the recipe here.

5. Pumpkin white chocolate!! Perfect for fall nights on the patio with friends.


Have a lovely weekend.

No comments: