Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Decorating for free!

I pittered around the house yesterday pulling out quilts, collecting pine cones, and putting candles in baby food jars...it's getting all fall in here~


I don't have a fireplace mantle so i fake it using this half-wall between the kitchen and living room. If you look closely you can even see the hooks I hang my stockings on at Christmas! 

 I could only find two pine cones but I intend to keep my eye out for more. I contemplated sticking some twigs in a vase and putting it somewhere but there are guys working on my roof and I felt silly gathering sticks outside in the backyard...












Quilts and throws are very fall. I pulled out the ones with fall colors and scattered them around for instantaneous "cozy".




So I managed to accomplish some fall nesting without spending a penny. I haven't bought nearly enough pumpkins though...I have my eye on a woven one at Target. We'll see.

No comments: