Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What to do with leftover chalkboard paint!

I've wanted to use the spray paint I had leftover from making these to make an actual chalkboard so I could write verses on it in my bedroom. I had this blank wall in our bedroom directly across from the bed. I bought a few canvas prints for it but they were too small and my dear husband hung them ridiculously far apart from each other.





So for awhile now I've been wanting to make a collage made up of empty picture frames, these prints, and perhaps a chalkboard of some kind. I was planning on scouring thrift stores for some really cool frames, but I can't exactly maneuver my double stroller inside Goodwill very well. I decided to just use frames I had. They're nothing special, but I painted them and they work perfectly fine. I also decided to use my remaining chalk-board spray paint on an old mirror I had. Our current house has mirrored closet doors so we really don't need any extra mirrors here! 











I thought it would be cool to leave a mirrored border to make my chalkboard look more fancy. I like the sparkle it provides! I just used masking tape and made the border as wide as the tape to make it easy.

Then, I played around with the arrangement on my bed for awhile and finally hung it all up! I love the end result! Since I used stuff I already had, this project was free! Yay :)








I flipped through my Bible and decided on Isaiah 54:10 for my chalkboard verse. Later in the week, it was in my Bible study workbook! I love when that happens. 

I hope you are having a lovely week!


No comments: