Tuesday, August 7, 2012

today, really.

Today I had to start over in a major way. In my most popular blog post ever, I listed starting over as one of the things I try to do so I don't go crazy. This morning Owen peed his pants as he simultaneously answered my question "do you have to go potty?" with "no". I changed his pants and underwear, lectured him about telling me when he has to go and ten minutes later he pooped. He's been potty trained for months. I was so. mad. I completely overreacted. This all happened as I was trying to rock Asher to sleep. Then Asher refused to nap. Come on! Combine it with what seemed like constant disobedience and poop on my hands, and let's just say there were major tears involved on my end. Before 9:30 am I had already messed up pretty big several times. I knew I had to start over. And I had to let Owen start over. Here's the thing about starting over, you feel like a hypocrite. How can I start being nice and calm and have a happy day going forward when I just screwed up so horribly? It's so backwards, feeling hypocritical about bettering your attitude and day. What good can come of being upset and down on myself all day long? What good can come of giving up and calling the day a failure from the very start? It's so backwards, but it's true. I'm purposing not to let feeling hypocritical keep me from allowing myself to start over at any point during my day. Today, lots of prayers to my forgiving God an iced coffee helped me start over.

On another note, I made this.


It's a foldover clutch! It's just a really tall zippered pouch with stiffness added to the bottom section. I made it using leftover fabric from my poufs and some turquoise leather I saved from an upholstery project a long time ago. If you're looking for some inspiration, here are a lot of really good ideas for fold-over clutches on Pinterest.




But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.  
Gal 5:23-25






No comments: