Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pouf! It's done!

My pouf is completed and I love it. I couldn't find a big enough pattern for the price I wanted so I went ahead and made my own wide stripes. I'm so happy with it! I cut 3 1/2 inch strips and just made a long sheet of alternating colors, then cut those to the sizes I needed. Here are the measurements, in case you want to make your own!

2, 22 inch X 22 inch squares (top and bottom)
4, 22 inch X 13 inch rectangles (sides)

I sewed all of the side pieces together first, including the first and last piece to create a big circle that would become the entire outside sides. I then installed a zipper on the bottom of one of the side pieces and attached it to one of the squares. From there I continued to sew the square to each side piece and did the same with the top. The great thing about using a zipper is that you don't have to do any hand-stitching when you are done, you just zip it up! You do have to remember to unzip your zipper before you sew your last seam, or else you won't be able to turn it right-side out. Don't forget!






I am so pleased. I had originally intended to make two, but I thought I'd try one and see how hard it was/how much space it took up. I think I will end up making one more, I love it so much! 

No comments: