Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Authentic Mexican Salsa

This is the easiest salsa ever. I am half Mexican so you know it's authentic. Ha! Those who know me know I'm just about the least cultural person ever. I do, however, have Mexican taste buds and this salsa is the one my Dad always made growing up. He has a new one he makes now that involves taking a can of tomatoes with green chilies and blending it...but now for the authentic version.

The five ingredients:


Onion, Cilantro, Lime, Jalapeno, and Tomato. If you can remember these five things at the grocery store, you're all set! Put some tomato, onion (more tomato than onion :), and a handful of cilantro in a food processor. Add a tiny bit of jalapeno, (we usually taste it to see how hot it is, before deciding how much to put in) and squeeze in some lime juice. Salt to taste. EAT w/ chips!! PS. If you don't like cilantro, you're weird and you can't have any, sorry.


Mexican love, jessi.

No comments: