Thursday, December 1, 2011

family Christmas

We got our little tree! I love it so much. I never want a big tree again! Okay, that's probably not true, but I AM in love. That much is certain.




We haven't added the ornaments yet. Hopefully tonight :)

I came across this verse this week and love how it perfectly describes what family life should be when rooted in Christ.

"Blessed is every one who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways. When you eat the labor of your hands, you shall be happy, and it shall be well with you. Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine in the very heart of your house, your children like olive plants all around your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord."
Psalm 128:1-4

I imagine a man looking around at his family and swelling with love and pride. I also love how it describes the wife as the heart of the house. It motivates me to be more purposeful about my home-making and mothering. <3

No comments: