Wednesday, August 31, 2011

the boys' room

Sorry the pictures weren't working yesterday! It should be working properly now.

The boys' room has been a work in progress for quite awhile. I had paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling but it wasn't quite what I had pictured. Recently my mom found this amazing branch in her yard and I asked if I could have it--that and the banner I made seemed to complete the room. I now feel okay sharing it with you :)



It looks cool, doesn't it? It makes a really fanciful mobile.









I picked these up at Target for $3.99 a piece, I think they are great for storing toys, shoes, etc.







I made these quite awhile ago. It's super simple, though. Just buy wood letters at the craft store, paint and staple-gun the ribbon to the back!











I'm proud of the restraint I demonstrated in their room. I decided to embrace the pre-existing neutral wallpaper and window coverings rather than fight them. I'm learning that decorating is as much about what you don't do as it is about what you do. I don't know that I'll ever have a room that I think of as "done", something can always be tweaked!



No comments: