Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New baby!

Hi friends :)

It's been a while... sorry about that. I'm definitely not finding as much free time as I used to! Owen is 10 months old tomorrow, is pretty much walking and is seriously so full of joy that I wish I could steal some! I'm soaking up my time with him because Jared and I found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm pregnant again! We wanted our first two kids to be less than two years apart, so here we go! I am 12 weeks today, and due December 28th.

While I am so excited about this new baby, I'm also wondering what I was thinking!! I still feel like I'm figuring out the parent thing! Along with the feelings of amazement at this new life, old fears are also cropping up. In Psalm 119, David thanks God for his previous affliction. I really understand that right now. I'm thankful for the lessons I learned through the miscarraige that the Lord brought me through. I learned to trust God with my babies. My body doesn't produce enough of the hormone progesterone to carry a baby through the first 12 weeks, so I need to take it artificially. I'm glad for this, too, because it shows me so clearly that I can't control what happens to this baby. God has created it and is holding it and forming it perfectly. He knows him or her already and He is capable. All I can do is place my trust in Him. I think I can do that.

No comments: