Thursday, December 31, 2009

Less less less!

Okay so somehow Owen, in his mere four months of life, has managed to accumulate enough toys to open a small preschool...and I'm pretty sure I didn't buy a single one of them! Being the first grandchild on both sides of the family has definitely played a part in the whole toy situation. Something had to be done! When I was pregnant with him, I promised myself that I wouldn't be one of those moms who is always laden down with baby-baggage and whose house looks like a daycare....easier said than done.



Solution: I went out and bought a huge plastic bin and a cute white pail (btw, I'm also opposed to baby stuff that looks too "baby"...if it's going to be all over my house, it should be something I like, right?). I decided to keep most of the toys in the plastic bin in the closet and only a few in the pail. I'll rotate them to keep things interesting :) Unfortunately, the collection of stuffed animals that Owen already has waiting for when he is big enough to enjoy them nearly takes up the entire closet bin, so, as much as I love those Grandparents and appreciate their gifts, I'm issuing an immediate halt on all Grandparent toy-purchases.

1 comment:

P31 Women said...

Hey Jessi, welcome to the blog world, I know what you mean about needing a way to use your brain. There is not much mental stimulation in changing diapers and talking cutsie with the kids. haha! Hope you guys are doing well, Happy New year friend, miss you!
Nicole