Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A diet of sorts

My mom has Owen for the day so baby Asher and I are on our own. We had a nice morning playing together. I'm so glad for the times I get to spend alone with him; first babies get way more Mommy and Daddy time and it's just not fair.


                           





















Also, I discovered caramel whipped cream..so....yeah.





Today is the beginning of my "diet of sorts". I don't really like the word "diet" because I am not trying to lose weight; but I don't know what else to call it. A handful of times for church-wide fasts I have decided to eat only fruits and vegetables for a week (because of pregnancy or breastfeeding, etc.) and found that I actually really enjoy it. It forces me to be creative and healthy and gives my fruit and vegetable intake a huge overhaul. I'm ashamed to admit that there are times when I go through the entire day without eating one fruit or vegetable! This week I am going to eat a meal consisting of only fruits and vegetables at least once a day. 


This is what I had for lunch today.



 Okay this is what I actually had for lunch today. 




 I'm not being very strict on myself. As you can see, there is cheese in the picture above. Also, I salted my avocado because, obviously. This is for fun and for health, not for weight loss so I'm free to make my food edible and enjoyable. So far I have plans to make tomato soup and a pumpkin smoothie...we'll see where the rest of the week takes me!




No comments: