Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Caramel. Buttercream.

Today I made caramel apple cupcakes for our Revive home group tonight. I used this recipe and it was incredible! Actually, I can't vouch for the cupcakes because I didn't have any vegetable oil so I used a stick of butter instead. They aren't incredibly moist but it's probably my user error. Okay, but the frosting. The frosting recipe on the website is a little complicated so I opted to make a buttercream using 3/4 cup of butter and 2 cups of confectioners sugar and added the caramel (from the recipe on the site) to that. OMG. I looooove caramel and this frosting is definitely a new keeper.







Am I a bad mom for giving Asher a frosting-covered spoon? Let's just say his teething biscuit lay forgotten on the floor.

I also found these really cool fabric covered wood words at the dollar section in Michaels today.






pretty cool for a buck!

No comments: