Saturday, June 25, 2011

You know you're potty training when....

....You stash m&m's above the toilet
....The words "Mama, poo-poo", rather than invoking eye-rolling, send you into a fit of giddy    excitement
....You watch youtube videos in the bathroom 

All that to say, my son pooped in the toilet for the first time yesterday. So proud! I'm more proud of that than his swim lesson completion certificate. I should make him a certificate for his other, more exciting accomplishment! Just kidding. I don't have a printer :)

Today we are off to a family birthday party in the park. My husband wrapped the gift (he wanted credit)- a copy of one of Owen's favorite books- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! We decided that this year for his birthday we are going to ask for books instead of toys, so we've been giving books as gifts as well. Kids end up with so many toys, few of which are actually played with- and they take up so much space! I thought his gift-wrap idea was cute and easy so I thought I'd share. He wrapped the book in a brown paper bag, I tied a ribbon on it, and then he suggested I write the "to and from" on the binding as if it was the title.





I hope your Saturday is peaceful and fun!

And He shall stand and feed his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord His God; and they shall abide, for now He shall be great to the ends of the earth; and this One shall be peace.
Micah 5:4-5

1 comment: